Wonderworld 3D Maze Rotorua
Wonderworld's 3D mega maze has been a Rotorua icon for over 40 years. It is great fun for the entire family exploring over 1.7kms of path ways, to find the 4 coloured corners.
- Rotorua's original, longest and largest maze that's designed to challenge all!
- 3D layout including interlinking bridges that shift your perspective
- Extensively renovated with new attractions
- Custom timing systems + games to play like a maze scavenger hunt!
- Framed by the stunning, nationally significant Kihikatea reserve
The maze property was originally used as an equestrian club before being developed into the current Rotorua 3D maze.
The maze was opened in 1982 by Tony Mardell, after 2 years of construction using an amazing 10,000 boards and 50,000 meters of timber.
Various uses were proposed to complement the maze including a petting zoo, campground, accommodation facility and craft village.
In 2021, the maze was run down before being purchased by a local Bay of Plenty family. The maze has been completely renovated and modernised into a high-standard tourism venue.