Silver River Stargazing
Experience 100% pure darkness.
Our experiences are located on 50,000 acres of farmland, all of which fall within the boundaries of the gold rated Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve, some of the darkest night skies in the world. We have little to no light pollution and are committed to leaving the lightest footprint on our land and night sky.
Our Fully Guided Stargazing Tour Includes:
- Naked Eye observations of important stars & constellations using high powered laser pointers.
- Telescope Observations using our 14" Meade telescope.
- An Individual photograph of you and your party underneath the stars.
- Plenty of opportunities for questions & answers.
- A low guest to guide ratio, our tours are capped at a maximum of ten people.
- A complimentary shuttle from our check-in office to our private stargazing location.
- Use of our warm winter jackets.
Silver River™ Stargazing is Lake Tekapo’s leading small group stargazing tour. Large telescopes, small groups & awesome guides allow us to wow you with full 360° views of the southern night sky from our 50,000 acre farm.
We offer epic stargazing tours in Lake Tekapo that won't cost the earth.