Chris Jolly Outdoors
We are the largest boat in the Taupo harbour, which gives you the space you need to travel with peace of mind.
Our boats have spacious viewing platforms to get you close to the scenery and is suitable for all ages
Our live commentary of the history of the region is awesome, with passionate staff to make your day!
Cruise Cat has comfortable booth seating, warm areas (for the chilly days) and pram, wheelchair access (confirm prior to booking)
All amenities onboard like toilets, a bar and food options
Suitable for large groups so you're not crammed in like sardines
Plenty of activities to entertain the kids like colouring, driving the boat (ask the Skipper), a treasure hunt and friendly staff
Chris Jolly Outdoors is a Taupo icon, offering a range of options for entertainment whilst you stay in Taupo.
You have booked on the 'must do activity' of the Scenic Cruise which will let you experience the Great Lake in style.
As well as the Scenic Cruises we offer:
- Private boat charters (fishing and clay bird shooting, paddle boarding)
- Guided hiking
- Guided bike tours
- Fly fishing
Map & Directions
14 Rauhoto Street, Taupo, New Zealand, 3330, New Zealand
CANCELLATION POLICIES: If a cancellation is made by you the client within 24 hours of arrival day loss of 100% of the total booking price. All other cancellations incur loss of 20% of the total booking price. Chris Jolly Outdoors reserves the right to cancel or alter a cruise due to adverse weather conditions or if a client is unsuitable due to age size ill health or poor fitness. If a cruise is cancelled by Chris Jolly Outdoors you will be given the opportunity to change your booking date or be given a refund.
No cancellation fees are charged as a result of sudden border closures or lockdowns due to Covid 19.
There will be no refund given if a participant fails to turn up for a confirmed booking. There will be no refund for a booking cancelled within 24 hours of departure. A 50% cancellation fee will apply to any cancellations within 2 days of a confirmed bookings departure.
Terms & Conditions:
1. HEALTH & SAFETY: Chris Jolly Outdoors are committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our clients employees visitors and any other persons involved in our business operations. Adventure activities have a degree of risk. Participants should be aware that no operator can absolutely guarantee their safety. Chris Jolly Outdoors cannot be held responsible for injury and loss or damage to personal property if you fail to follow our instructions.
2. It is the Skipper’s right to refuse clients onboard if they are intoxicated or under the influence of drugs. There will be no credit refund if a participant is excluded from cruising due to being under the influence or alcohol or drugs. There is also no credit refund if a confirmed booking is not taken up unless Chris Jolly Outdoors cancels the trip.
3. ALCOHOL: No alcohol can be taken on board the vessels.
4. DAMAGES: Any willful damage incurred to the property of Chris Jolly Outdoors will be charged to you the client.
5. PROPERTY: Chris Jolly Outdoors and/or their employees are not liable for any property loss or damage personal injury or suffering while participating in an activity.
6. Where you are entitled to a refund the refund will be made to the same credit card that you used to confirm the booking.
7. For amendments of bookings additional charges or a refund may apply depending on the nature of the booking amendment. 11. If you make a booking using a discount code you will not be able to use that discount code on any subsequent booking amendment. Amendments will be made using the normal price of the product being amended.
8. NO SHOWS: No refunds or credits will be provided if you fail to advise any amendments to the booking or fail to report at the venue of the operator with the appropriate vouchers issued for that booking on the day and/or time booked. Bottom of Form
9. CURRENCY AND GST: All prices shown listed on this Web site are in New Zealand dollars. All prices include the New Zealand Goods and Services Tax.
These terms are subject to rights and remedies you have under the Consumer Guarantees Act 2003.